Thursday, June 27, 2013

News: Escape Plan

Okay, so, this is awesome. Two awesome guys come together for what could be an awesome movie that's
awesome... yeah.



I just saw this movie poster the other day, and immediately I was extremely excited because of the names on the top of that poster. Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger. These guys gave me two of my favorite movies of all time. Those being Terminator 2 and Rocky. You can imagine my excitement. Not to mention I'm a huge fan of 80's action movies. I'm looking forward to it. I'll tell you that.

I went straight home after seeing this and watched the trailer. The over all plot seems to be that Ray Breslin (Stallone) designs and breaks out of prisons for a living. Trying to make his prisons completely impossible to escape from. When he makes one such prison, called "The Tomb", he is framed, and put into this prison. Now he must use all of his skills to break out again, and catch the guy who framed him, all while enlisting the help of another inmate, Swan Rottmayer (Schwarzenegger).

The trailer... eh. I wasn't thrilled by it, but the premise does look really intriguing. Kinda reminds me of Tango & Cash, but with a twist. It could really go either way. Could be awesome, could make me leave questioning why I like these actors. And that's really why I'm excited. I like these actors, and I'm really anxious to see them work together. The only other place (I think) we've seen then together was The expendables movies, and that wasn't all that extensive. The two leading? I'm ready. I'm just not positive that I won't be disappointed. You never know.

   Jim Caviezl, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Vinnie Jones also star in this movie. It is directed by Mikael Håfström, has gotten an R rating, and is due to come out October 18th. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment