Friday, August 23, 2013

News: Ben Affleck is Batman.

Well this kinda... came out of nowhere....

In case you haven't heard already, Ben Affleck was recently cast as Batman in the upcoming Man of Steel sequel.

I was honestly surprised by this. I'm not sure if it's in a good or bad way, but oh well. I mean, I like Affleck. He's a great actor and an even better director. I should be more excited about this than I am. He's good at what he does, and I think he'll make a good Batman. I mean, he's good enough for Jennifer Garner. Just saying.

Not only is he a good actor, but he's already proven that he knows how to play a tortured soul. His role in Daredevil was actually very impressive. And certainly very Batman like. I think if he can repeat that, we'll have a great version of the caped crusader for sure.

He also looks the part. Not much to say there, but I can see him as Bruce Wayne. The real question, is can he PLAY Bruce Wayne. I think he's a good enough actor to do that, but we won't know for sure until 2015 roles around.

And finally, Affleck is a much better director than he is actor, even. I think he could really help add to the visual aspect of this film in some great ways. I know he's not the director, but you never know what kind of things he might interject into the film making process.

No, I wasn't the biggest fan of Man of Steel. I liked it, but the overall dark, uninspired and cluttered tone really left me feeling like it should have been better. I don't know if this movie will be better, but I'm certainly hoping. But what about you guys? Do you think the introduction of Batman is a positive spin? Will the next movie be better? Let me know in the comments, and I'll see ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment