Thursday, August 1, 2013

News: Superman AND Batman!

This is some old news, but I'm way behind in news stories, and I'm going to try to post several to get caught up. Man of Steel 2 WILL have Batman. Dude, I'm pretty sure this is what it feels like to live in a perfect world.



So, what do we know? We know that this IS the sequel to Man of Steel, so the original cast will be returning for this movie, and that Batman will be in the movie. We're also 99% sure that it won't be Nolan's Batman, because DC is currently saying that Nolan's universe is done, and over with. That's something I'm glad to hear. I would really hate for the realism, and perfection of the Nolan trilogy to possibly be ruined by something as extraordinary and meta-earth as Superman. Honestly, as people have been saying so much, the Nolan trilogy is completely and totally possible. It's buried in solid fact, and adding THAT Batman into a mix of Justice Leaguers, just wouldn't work. I would honestly hate that. I think it's a very smart idea to cast a new Batman. But who is the right choice? I personally have no clue.

I think it's a smart choice to bring Batman into the mix. It saves a TON of time, and now DC doesn't have to waste time on an origin story everybody knows. I'm sure they'll still touch on it. Maybe we'll get some flashbacks, or maybe a moment where Batman opens up to Superman about his past. Either one would work fine for me.

The real question, is if Batman and Superman are supposed to start off as enemies, how will they fight? Superman is obviously way stronger than Batman, and Batman has yet to receive any kryptonite, then how are they supposed to fight? I really hope Batman doesn't end up with that giant suit thing he used in The Dark Knight Returns. It's a great story, but I never liked the idea. And used in a movie, I don't think it would work.

Either way, I love both characters, and the first Man of Steel was good enough, so I'm really looking forward to this movie. I honestly believe that it's going to be better than the first, and as far as this new Batman, he better do a good job. It sure is nice to see DC with a plan.

So, what do you guys think? Are you ready for the movie? Let me know in the comments. See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment