Friday, August 2, 2013

News: Quicksilver Might Be Cast. Still No Word On Scarlet Witch.

We've known for a while now that Joss Whedon is adding this brother-sister duo to the Avengers roster. I'm psyched, but I'm still concerned over the casting. Too soon to say how this'll turn out.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson has been rumored to be playing Quicksilver in the upcoming Avengers sequel. Most people are pretty confident that he'll be getting the role, but it's too soon to know for sure. I've honestly never seen anything with him in a major role, so I know next to nothing about him. I have faith in Whedon, though, and I'm sure he knows what he's doing.

I'm a fan of speed powers in general. I have been ever since I was little, and got into the Flash, but I've never been a particularly huge fan of Quicksilver. I think if this gives us some great speed effects that could lead into possible Flash movie effects, then I'm all for it. But unless Whedon suddenly casts Nick Cage as Quicksilver, I'm not too worried about how his character turns out.



Someone I am a huge fan of, though, is Scarlet Witch. She's probably one of my favorite female characters in the Marvel universe, and I'm ridiculously stoked that she's in this movie. But the question stands as to who will make the best choice to play her? I have no clue, but this had better be done right. Wanda Maximoff is a very fascinating and emotionally involved character, so the actress must be ready to deliver a stellar performance. I'm not quite sure how that'll turn out, but again, I have faith in Whedon, who certainly knows how to develop characters.

I always have loved the dynamic between these two characters. And if Whedon does it right, and finds the right actors, we'll be in good shape. Imagine the protective twins going up against the Avengers to finally join forces by the end of the film. And to calm the fears of those out there who think that they'll be bad guys in the film, I highly doubt that. They're highly protective of each other, so it only makes sense that they would be cautious of the Avengers at first. Heck, the Avengers practically hated each other for the first half of the first movie. I imagine this atmosphere won't be too different, perhaps just a bit more severe.

Well, I'm excited, but what about you guys? How do you feel about adding these characters to the Universe? Let me know in the comments. See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment