Thursday, August 1, 2013

News: DC Announces Flash and Justice League Movie.

DC with a plan. I never thought I'd see the day. I've been saying for a long time that DC needs to stop, and
understand that they aren't going to get ahead of Marvel over night. They finally took a step back, and made a plan. And for me, they couldn't have done it any better. 
DC announced at Comic Con that they're currently planning to release a Flash movie in 2016, and a JL movie in 2017. My perfect world is still perfect. First, let's talk about the Flash. 


The Flash is tied with Spider-Man as my favorite Superhero, and I was starting to worry that he may never get his own movie. Finally, it's happening. I simply can't wait to see my favorite hero on the big screen, and I'm mostly disappointed that I have to wait three years for it. Details are still pretty scarce, but my biggest hope right now, is that they use Barry Allen as the Flash. He's my favorite, but the over all fan favorite seems to be Wally West. The problem is, if you skip strait to Wally, you miss out on a lot of interesting interactions, and family dynamics. Wally started out as Kid Flash. Here's my plan, so listen up DC. 

Give The Flash his stand alone movie as Barry Allen, then bring us an amazing Justice League movie. Reboot Green Lantern, (not a requirement, but if you don't some fans will be very angry) make a Wonder Woman movie, then a Flash sequel. But in this movie, bring in Wally West. Wally is Iris West Allen's (Barry's girlfriend, and eventual wife) nephew, so he'd be easy to introduce, and give him similar powers in this movie. Let Barry kinda bring him up, and let him become Kid Flash by the end of the movie. For the JL sequel, adapt Crisis on Infinite Earths, an amazing story line. It's a well known fact that Barry "dies" at the end of the story, so let him. As big a fan as I am of Barry, I also love Wally, so give us a third Flash movie after this one, where Wally takes up the mantel of The Flash. We get both characters that way, and everyone will be happy. There's your blueprint, DC. Get to work!

I'm not sure how a Justice League movie will turn out at this point, but I'm sure it'll be great. It's safe to assume it'll have the Cavill Superman, the new Batman, along with the Flash. And I'll say that most likely that we'll be getting Wonder Woman in some shape or form. But it's too soon to know for sure what DC is going to do. As long as DC remembers to take good care of their characters, everything'll be alright. 

Are you ready for these movies? Or do you think DC Still doesn't have a solid plan? Let me know in the comments. See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment